Friday, December 18, 2009

JSA in March

Doing my Friday post early today so that I don't forget to actually do it. I have a bad tendency to get busy on Friday nights and not post at all. I'm going to try to avoid that in this exciting new universe.

Anyway, the covers for the JSA family (wow, there's a JSA family now) have been posted over on the DCU Blog Let's see what's coming up, shall we?

Justice Society of America: Looks like we're getting a whole lotta Nazi in the main book. This isn't unprecedented, of course. The JSA has a long history of beating the crap out of Nazis. They make for easy villains as the only people who defend Nazis are Nazis themselves.

That said, if you take a look at the cover you'll see that it's missing something. Namely all the swastikas. I assume, of course, that they'll be added on for release in countries that don't have a ban on the symbol. I mean, it's not particularly effective with just circles. And if you take a close look you can see that they missed the on on Kid Karnevil's knife.

JSA All-Stars: I'm really excited to see Sand getting some face time again. Especially if it means he's going up against one of the best Golden Age villains not actually created in the Golden Age. Johnny Sorrow may be a modern invention, but he feels like he was created in the 1940's.

He's also really f%&#ing creepy. Now that we know he's been the villain behind things Icicle's remarks about meeting his boss being "the worst thing that ever happened to him" make perfect sense. Nobody wants to meet Johnny Sorrow. Ever.

Power Girl: I really like this cover. I especially like the fact that one of the guys is holding a copy of Jonah Hex. I wonder if (like in the Watchmen universe) non-superhero comics are the most popular in the DCU. If that's the case, I bet Jonah Hex is the number one seller.

Magog: Go away! Go away Magog! Go away and never come back!

Art sure is pretty, though.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It WOULD be nice if Magog fell into a deep pit, and never ever got out of it.

I love the Power Girl cover. And the fact that the kid is wearing a Green Lantern t-shirt.

It is also very very nice that Sandy actually will have a role to play. He's been on the periphery for far too long.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

Not even a guest appearance by Zatanna can get me to buy Magog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home