Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What's Going On?

So I hear that the Blue Beetle co-feature in Booster Gold is being dropped.

I'm not sure exactly where I read that, but I'm pretty sure I also read that the Wally back-ups in the upcoming Flash series aren't happening either. Is DC reevaluating co-features?

Black Canary isn't going to be sharing a book with Green Arrow any more. The Manhunter back-ups are reportedly being stripped from Streets of Gotham. What exactly is happening? I was a big proponent of the co-feature idea. I still am; I really like getting multiple stories in a single comic. But maybe I'm the only one. Are they not selling? Are they hurting the books?

I need to get more information as I don't really want to watch that interview of with Dan DiDio over at Newsarama. The man's voice makes my ears bleed.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'm rather upset about this news if true. Characters like Blue Beetle who don't seem strong enough to carry their own books work so well as co-features and for them to lose even that means we'll never see them outside of guest turns or in team books and often, they're my favorite characters. I'm considering dropping Streets of Gotham when Kate's gone. I only buy it for her, not that I don't like the rest of the book. I'd already dropped the now disappointing Green Arrow and Black Canary, so losing Dinah from that won't affect me. And it worked better as a team book for them, anyway. I didn't like the move there to 2 features at all.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

Yeah, it sounds like Blue Beetle, Manhunter, and Metal Men are all gone as backups. Justice League, Teen Titans, Justice Society All-Stars, and Green Lantern Corps will all have Second Features, but we don't know what they are yet. Oh, All-Stars is Liberty Belle and Hourman I think.

The only big news we got out of that video interview with DiDio is that there won't be a Kid Flash book and no Wally West backup in the new Flash comic.

I'm torn about the Second Feature thing. I love the Second Features, but I don't love spending $4 on a comic.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, poopy pants. In a lot of cases, I prefer the backup feature to the main feature. I like Doom patrol, but I LOVE Metal Men. This seemed like a such a nice idea, and I'm sad that they are messing around with it.

*sigh*

It's always something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home