Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blackest Night #7

Well, there's one issue of Blackest Night left. Then I'll be able to stop talking about it... Until the next big story comes along.

Anyway, I don't want to give too much away as some of you may not have read Blackest Night #7. I'll probably talk more about it on Friday, but I just want to hit of a few of the beats that I really enjoyed.

First of all, I think Lex Luthor got one of the best lines in the comic. "What I really want... Is to be Superman." does a pretty good job of encapsulating who Lex Luthor is and what drives him -- even though he doesn't want to admit it to anyone.

Secondly, there's Atrocitus. Atrocitus is, I think, one of the most interesting of all the Corps leaders. He's not simply a mindless brute. He's not a simple "bad guy" either. I really think that Atrocitus -- as Saint Walker hints -- is a deeper character than we've been led to believe. I hope we'll be seeing more of that during the Brightest Day.

Finally, I think it's safe to say that most people got that final page at least partly right. But as far as I can tell very few people accurately guessed who would wear that ring. I know I didn't...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I just hope, hope, HOPE Geoff Johns does manage to explain all this in the final issue. I'm gettin' kinda worried about some of the details. :-\

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

This really was a sensational issue. With all of the hints and speculation, I didn't for a moment think that you-know-who would be doing you-know-what.

And yet, it all makes perfect sense.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

It does. You-know-who is, in retrospect, the only possible person who could do you-know-what. Issue eight can't come soon enough. Where I imagine everything will be wrapped up in a neat little package.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home