Friday, February 26, 2010

Action Comics #1

What would you do if you found a copy of Action Comics #1 or one of those other rare comics?

If you found it in a box in your attic or in a box at a rummage sale. If you owned a copy what would you do? I like to tell myself that I'd turn around right away and sell it. After all, a million bucks can make a huge difference in a person's life.

But then, it's Action Comics #1. So there's that to consider. I wish I could simply say that I would do the smart thing. But would that be the right thing? I don't know.

Logic says you sell it. But there would still be that little voice inside that says "keep it." Am I the only one who hears that voice?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It rather depends upon WHICH ultra rare and valuable comic that you find. I'd sell a number one Superman, or Batman or Fantastic Four in a minute. But the first Green Lantern?

Man, I'm keeping that.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I'm with Sally on this. Amazing Spider-Man #1 is staying in the collection, but Action Comics #1, yeah I'd sell that. Unless I was too lazy to bother.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

If it's Action 1, I'd sell it and buy lots of other comics and toys with the $$$. And retire so I can enjoy them all.

The first Batman or Green Arrow or Black Canary or other fav character appearance, I might be tempted to keep.

No. I'd rather have the money and be able to buy all the comics I want.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I'm pleased to hear that most people are more rational than I. But when you put it that way -- and by that way I mean the thought that a million dollars can buy a lot of other comics -- you're all certainly making sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home