Monday, June 14, 2010

Thus I Return

And... We're back! I had a good week off, but I'm happy to be diving back into the world of blogging. It's become a semi-daily routine for me, and being without it for a week has left a strange, empty feeling inside me.

You know what else has left an empty feeling inside me? A lack of Freedom Fighters comics. I really enjoyed the two Freedom Fighters minis that Palmiotti and Gray put out a few years ago. And I really wish there could be more.

What's that you say? A Freedom Fighters ongoing has been announced? Why, that's exactly what I want!

In all seriousness, I was really surprised to see the new ongoing announced. There hasn't been a Freedom Fighters comic since the last mini, and that was quite a while ago. I enjoyed them a lot, but I just figured that there wasn't enough buzz to warrant another mini-series -- let alone an ongoing.

But then, maybe there wasn't. DC these days seems to like throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. Nobody was clamoring for a Magog ongoing. The new direction of Titans isn't something people seem all that excited about either. And let's not get into The Rise of Arsenal.

Still, I'm happy to see the book. Uncle Sam and his motley gang of patriotic heroes are a lot different from most of the characters in the DC Universe. I feel like there is a place for them, and I hope this ongoing is it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

With Doom Patrol, Power Girl, Zatanna, and now the Freedom Fighters, I just assumed DC was starting to publish things exclusively for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home