Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cancelations

I know this isn't very Christian of me, but I feel a twinge of satisfaction in seeing that Magog has been canceled.

St. Dumas knows we've all be waiting for it. But I think for me it's just the fact that Magog has been canceled but my successor's Azrael series is still going on.

Now, like I said last time I have a hard time understanding how they're keeping it going. I'm not really sure who the audience for the book is. But I'm just happy to know that when readers want a brutal, violent vigilante with no respect for authority they're going to be forced to go the book with my name on the cover rather than one sporting a demon from the Revelation to St. John.

No offense to Magog, but he's not really my kind of hero. Sure, I like the beating and the blood and everything. But where's the fire? Where's the righteous recriminations? I mean, he doesn't really talk about how he's doing the work of the Lord. What's really driving that guy anyway?

I just don't think we'd get along. He'll probably be sticking around, but I'm just glad he won't have the chance to do it from the cover of his own comic. If you want an anti-hero who lops of people's limbs you're going to have to go to Azrael.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Spectrum Rider said...

I have *never* liked Magog. I enjoyed Kingdom Come as an Elseworlds, but all varieties of "Look, we're headed for KC!" turn me off. And Magog is the kind of hero I just don't like: violent, smug, and wildly over-macho (which is saying a lot, in the company he keeps).

It may be uncharitable of me, but I'm glad to see his comic cancelled. Now I hope they just send him out of town on a bus.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid DC will try and shove him down our throats at every turn just like they are doing with Jaime Reyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home