Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Vote Earth-Man

What, you thought I was joking? In fact, I was deadly serious. If you haven't already voted I'm asking you to throw your support behind Earth-Man.

Now, I'm sure you're asking why I would support Earth-Man for Legion Leader. That's a very good question. After all, you're probably also thinking that Earth-Man is a narcissistic xenophobic A-hole. And that I'm not the kind of person who would vote for someone like that. All of these things are true. The difference here is that none of this is real.

If this were a real thing then I would absolutely vote for someone else. Earth-Man is a terrible jackass and no one like him should be anywhere near elected office. But as Glenn put it over on his blog, voting for Earth-Man makes the most story sense.

Stories are driven by dramatic conflict. And since being foisted on the Legion Earth-Man has done nothing but drive conflicts. I'm not someone who's usually all that interested in the Legion. But watching how the other Legionnaires interact with Earth-Man has been endlessly fascinating.

What happens if one of the other active members is elected leader? They'll get a new leader and things will continue pretty much as normal. But Earth-Man is elected leader? Conflict.

An Earth-Man win would be a huge upset, and I for one would love to see the current creative team tackle just such a story. So once again: vote for Earth-Man.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Blogger Kandou Erik said...

That is the defintion of making it hard for the writer. In-continuity, it's suppose to be Legion members who are voting. How would anyone besides Shadow Lass ever vote for Earth Man?

Could this be the first "rigged" Legion Election?

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I...I don't even know who Earth Man IS!

I wanna vote for Doctor Polaris, darn it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home