Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Red Robin #17

Hey all, sorry I haven't posted in the last few days. No real excuses other than the fact that I'm pretty burnt out by this that and the other thing. Still, it's comic book day and I no doubt have a lot to talk about.

And indeed it is true! Fore example, do you know who appeared in this week's Red Robin? It was only a cameo, but I was delighted to see Cassandra Cain acting like her old self again. Nobody has mentioned any of the crazy, ill-advised changes that were made to her character (thank God for retcons) and she's still using batarangs.

I'm really surprised how well Red Robin has shaped up as a book. I never expected that it would rise through the ranks to become my favorite bat-book. It really does have everything I'd expect from something in the bat-universe. The art, the stories, the characters... They're all top notch.

One of my favorite parts about the book is the sense of world-building. Tim Drake's cast of supporting characters continues to grow... He's got his own villains, a delightful secret identity, and even a new hideout. And that hideout (a masterstroke) ties in well the the entire bat-mythos.

And with that I think I've reached the limit of bat-nouns for one post. Good night.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It WAS nice to see Cass. And she's out being heroic and non-crazy or being dead or anything...which is a definite plus.

I also liked the Bat hug at the end, because I'm SUCH a sap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home