Friday, April 28, 2006

A Return

Faithful reader Steven has asked a good question: how do I feel about the fact that Bane is making a triumphant appearance on the cover of Infinite Crisis #7 while I languish in the cold embrace of death?

I should start off by mentioning that I did beat Bane (something that Batman was unable to do initially). So I score points for that. Of course, beating Bane doesn't count much when you're up against armor piercing bullets...

But I digress. How do I feel about Bane's return? The truth is, I'm conflicted. For awhile there Bane was on the path to redemption. Last time we saw him in Gotham Knights he seemed to be on the straight and narrow. But now he's on that cover. Fighting Aquaman. And one thing's for sure: if you're fighting Aquaman, you're not a good guy.

And it should be interesting to note that while Aquaman is fighting Bane, Batman is fighting Black Manta. I don't know if it means anything, though.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me that much that Bane's back as a bad guy. I mean, that's what he does. Like me, he came into being for a specific purpose. And when that purpose was strayed from, Bane floundered (again, like me). So now that Bane's back doing what he does best (i. e. breaking backs) he'll be a lot happier.

And if they'd let me go back to dispensing righteous judgment then I'd be happy too. Maybe I'm not dead on this "New Earth"...

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

One can only hope Superboy Prime cracking reality could open a loophole in reality that would let you be seen again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home