Sunday, April 23, 2006

I Hate "Professor" X

Ah, "Professor" X. The "luminary" leader of Marvel's "celebrated" X-Men. I despise him.

He receives much credit as one of comics' most popular and powerful bald characters. To this I say: I know Lex Luthor; you sir are no Lex Luthor.

He has a position of great power in the Marvel universe. This alone is enough to make me hate him. But even more so I despise his use of the appellation "professor." What is he even a professor of? As far as I can tell no one knows. And if they do know I choose to ignore that fact.

I can tell you exactly why I use the title "doctor." It has something to do with that PhD in Physics and that Medical Degree I have.

"Professor" X isn't the only person to use a title they have no right to. There are plenty of "doctors" who aren't doctors. But he's the only one I know of who claims to be a professor. And is so damn smug about it.

I hate "Professor" X.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Canton said...

The good professor's credentials. What is he a professor of, exactly? Who knows? But if this is correct, he's definitely earned the title. And "doctor" too, for that matter.

Maybe he is smug, but then, so are a lot of DC fans, from what I've seen. ;)

(On a sidenote, I can't believe you've managed to get me to defend one of the X-Men. It's like the time that one guy got me defending Greenday...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home