Thursday, May 11, 2006

52 Kicked My Ass

In a good way. A very good way. I won't go into details about all the glorious things I saw (The Question!) But I will say that for me at least this first issue was all I love about the DC Universe condensed into a single comic. And then covered in chocolate.

Then there were the... Questions. Like this one: what the hell is that? It's not Bizarro; I'm pretty sure it's not Frankenstein either. Frankenstein doesn't scare me. That thing? It scares me.

Then there's this. I get a creepy escoteric kind of vibe from that. Unlike the other image, I've got a pretty good idea of what that is. It's someone dressed in a weird black costume kneeling in the rain and praying in front of a tombstone with an inverted S-shield on it. The fact that it's so strange makes it scary. The fact that it's definitely important (nothing we see on those shards can be unimportant) makes it terrifying.

The editor says that there's a clue on every page. What did you notice about 52?

7 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell is that?

Looks like Darkseid to me.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Really? That third panel has obvious headstitching, making me think it is Frankenstein.

Or rather, FRANKENSTEIN!

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, FRANKENSTEIN. You can see his red jacket in one of the fragments.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

He shows up at the end of IC7 as well in the massive group shots if you look carefully.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Ragnell said...

Hal's butt, really tiny, in the crowd scene.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Melchior del DariĆ©n said...

I caught the Siegel Street and Shuster Road street sign, plus the vendor selling Hot Didiodogs on the Day 5 panel. ("Look up in the sky!")

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger kalinara said...

What did I notice? Sand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home