Monday, May 15, 2006

Fame; How Fleeting

I had a brush with superstardom the other day. See, my two most popular entries have always been The Tragedy of Superboy-Prime and The Insanity of Superboy-Prime. But when I was vainly (oh so vainly) checking my hit counter yesterday I saw that I was getting a lot more hits on them than usual. Where were they coming from?

Wikipedia.

Now that was certainly a surprise. I wasn't expecting to get links from there. Turns out someone edited the Superboy-Prime entry and linked to the aforementioned posts in the "external links" category. Wow! I figured it wouldn't last, though. And I was right.

A few hours later the links were gone. The history page was illuminating. The guy who added my entries called me "insightful" (thanks!). The Other guy called my blog "non-notable" (wow!) and referred to me as an "insignificant blogger."

Then why does it feel like I've hit the big time?

5 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Azrael said...

Hey, why is Pantha's head getting so much more publicity than Risk's arm?

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Because Pantha's head was taken off first.

And regardless of whether they come from a 'insignificant blogger', isn't something that could be insightful to the character a good thing to have in a Wikipedia entry?

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Canton said...

Maybe "insignificant blogger" is just a tactless way of saying "unrecognized authority?" Insightful as an opinion may be, if it doesn't carry any real weight (in general, outside of the comic blogging community), is it an appropriate thing to have in a Wikipedia entry?

Still, even temporary linkage is cool. Appropriate or not.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Arms don't roll.

Besides, the Bleeding Arm of Risk sounds like something Dr. Strange would invoke and not nearly as much as fun as the Rolling Head of Pantha, which sounds like the title of a Whoopie John polka...

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Oh, you're just jealous that there's no "Order of the Bullet-Riddled Body of Azrael".

"Bleeding Arm of Risk" sounds like an alternative economic model to "The Invisible Hand of the Market." Probably explains gas prices or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home