Thursday, May 18, 2006

You Will Ask Doctor Polaris

You all know that I am a man of many talents. Genius, doctor, physicist, lover, advice columnist. All these things you know. But were you aware that I am also an inventor?

It's true! Though it's a simple matter to destroy my enemies by manipulating the iron in their blood it is much more satisfying to watch them die at the hands of a complicated death trap that you designed yourself.

To wit, I invented the Asphyxyo-Sphere&trade. It's just what it sounds like. It's a delightful little device which -- unfortunately -- I haven't made much use of lately. I thought I should remedy that.

And on a completely unrelated track... I received a letter for my advice column today. Since a certain someone opened up shop across the street I've been getting fewer and fewer questions (doctorpolaris@gmail.com!). Anyway, here's the one I received:

Dear Doctor Polaris,

For the love of God... Somebody help me! I can't see! It's so dark! So cold... I'm trapped in some sort of... Asphyxyo-Sphere&trade!

Somebody! Somebody help me! I don't want to die like this! You've got to help me! I'm begging you! Can't anyone hear me? Is anyone there?

Sincerely,

"Professor" Charles Expert


I think that letter answers itself.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

You are a sick, sick man.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Ahem!

And I suppose playing poker on Tuesdays with Black Manta had nothing to do with that idea, eh?

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Look, we swap ideas. We give, we take. That's what the Supervillain consortium is all about.

Oh, and Black Manta is a hell of a poker player. Nobody can bluff like that man can.

Dr. Light, on the other... Whew. You always know when *that* sicko's got a good hand...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home