Saturday, January 06, 2007

Geeking Out

Different things cause different people to geek out. Some people geek out over the return of minior, albeit awesome characters. For others, it's as simple as Hal Jordan's ass (which is also perfectly acceptable).

I tend to geek out of sillier, stupider things. Take for example this week's Manhunter and the eagerly awaited (by me, anyway) return of THE ORDER OF ST. DUMAS.

I honestly never thought I'd see them again. Ever. But here we have Marc Andreyko (God bless him!) bringing back Azrael's old nemesis and it seems -- and I love this kind of stuff -- connecting them somehow to Mark Shaw's backstory. It makes sense, as he once used the name "Dumas."

So, long story short, I flipped out and started yelling at the comic. Then the guy who lives below me text messaged me and asked what the hell I was yelling about. The walls (and floors) are like paper in this country (though sometimes that's literal).

3 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Never never be ashamed of geeking out. It's what makes life worth living.

Oh, and Hal Jordan's ass IS awesome.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

That was a cool moment in Manhunter. It may be just me, but I'm finding Mark Shaw and Cameron Chase's stories more interesting than the title character.

Probably because I just want to get past that whole ugly Max Lord crud ...

And also because I LOVED the Chase comic.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sniff...I sort of miss Max. The OLD Max of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home