Friday, January 05, 2007

I'm Scared

Today I took a bold step... A step into a forbidden world I never thought I'd tred upon. I'm not really sure how to feel about it, and I wasn't really keen on sharing, but here goes:

I read a Marvel comic.

Now I know this doesn't seem all that shocking... But if you know much about me, then you know that this is a huge step (though whether forward or backward, I cannot say).

I don't really feel like sharing anything else. I'm not sure what I'm feeling. Except that I feel like I'm betraying something. But then, I'm not exactly reading a conventional Marvel book. There's very little angsting and even less whining. So there's that.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

If it was Nextwave, then congratulations! If it was Civil War, then shame on you.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

"There's very little angsting and even less whining."

Wait for it.

P.S. I used don't indulge in the puerile nonsense of discussing my verification term for my comments. However, I can't help it this time, since the program decided to dub me "DRFUCK".

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

lol. My first Marvel comic was back in the '70s, I guess. Howard the Duck. These days, my token Marvel comic has been Wolverine, but I added Anita Black and White Tiger recently. It's not as traumatic as it seems.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

So I guess I should say congrats?

Or am I supposed to offer condolences?

Whichever suits your fancy. I had roughly the same reaction when I started reading a DC comic on a monthly basis back in the fall of 2000 (Robin).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home