Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I Am Easily Pleased

The above statement is a statement of fact. I am ridiculously easy to please. Give me a comic book that doesn't say "Marvel" on the front and I'll probably like it. Hell, chances are I'll love it.

Case in point: Judd Winick. I know that a lot of people don't like Judd Winick's work. A lot of people actively despise what he does. That's cool and all. I respect that. But me, I've pretty much enjoyed everything he's done. There hasn't been a lot that's bothered me.

Take the last issue of the Outsiders/Checkmate crossover. I was talking with Kalinara and she was positively livid about certain scenes in that book. And in retrospect, I believe that she was right to feel that way.

But at the time it didn't register with me. I enjoyed the issue, thought it was a good romp, and that was that. So either I'm dense, thick, insensitive, or simply very easy to please.

I sure hope it's the latter...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, your hatred of marvel is based on irrational hatred rather than any quality issues?

Huh.

Well, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

No, my *dislike* of Marvel is based on the fact that I find the characters and the stories *wildly* uninteresting.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Makes perfect sense to me. And I say that as a former Marvel Zombie. Since Civil War, the characters that I formerly liked and or found interesting have been turned into villains or creeps. Or creepy villains.

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, of course was refering to the good stuff, not Civil War(heaven forbid)

Namely, Nextwave trades.
Everybody needs to read those.
Repeatedly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home