Tuesday, June 17, 2008

An Offer

Know that I have been mentioned on Newsarama. That doesn't happen very often. In the article Troy Brownfield remarks that I am likely not the replacement for You-Know-Who in the R. I. P. storyline.

Still, just in case the replacement has not been decided on, I hereby offer my services as an experienced vigilante. I think I should be the replacement. I think I have all the necessary qualifications.

"But Jean Paul!" you may be saying. "Your stint as Batman was a miserable failure!" Know that I am aware of that fact. I have come to terms with it. But who better to be the replacement now than someone who's done it all before -- and knows all the troubles that can result?

After all, what are the chances that I will again spiral into a dark madness, haunted by religious demons (possibly of my own imagining) while becoming increasingly more violent and gaudily dressed? I think that the chances of that happening twice are pretty slim.

But if someone like Nightwing or Robin takes over as Batman they'll have to struggle with all those crazy demons without benefit of experience. Tell me how they'll deal with constant, maddening taunting delivered by a vengeful, long dead pseudo-Saint. I know how I'd deal with it. Because I'm dealing with it right now.

What I'm saying is that I'm the only one other than You-Know-Who who really knows what it's like to be... Well, you know. Besides, the second time's the charm, right?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

"what are the chances that I will again spiral into a dark madness, haunted by religious demons (possibly of my own imagining) while becoming increasingly more violent and gaudily dressed?"

About the same as the chances of a meteor hitting Apex City...

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Azrael, your cock-eyed optimism is just so...so endearing.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think that the chances of that happening twice are pretty slim.
"

Seeing as how it did happen twice I'd say the chances are pretty good. Remember that relapse just before your death? When you were running around in the Azbat suit, hallucinating, and beating Nightwing with a toaster? Any of this sound familiar?

I'm just saying, maybe you should try replacing some other hero. How long can you hold your breath? I hear they have an opening for Aquaman.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

Ignore the haters JP. The time is perfect for the triumphant return of AzBats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home