Monday, January 05, 2009

Es Verdad

Know this: I am pleased. I am not entirely pleased, but by and large the comics this week featuring iterations of "Polaris" have pleased me.

The comics in question were Trinity -- which featured an alternate timeline where I, the true Doctor Polaris yet reign -- and Blue Beetle, starring "Doctor" Polaris M. B. A.. In Trinity audiences were thrilled by brilliant dialogue and a raw, emotional display of magnetic power. In this, I was pleased.

Blue Beetle, unfortunately, was not nearly as appealing. Is it possible that that M. B. A. could keep the color of his costume from changing from issue to issue? Perhaps even page to page? And know this, Mister Polaris: I do not need sympathy or tribute from the likes of you.

I will give my pathetic successor some due: his dialoguing is superb. He knows what to say and his word balloons outclass all others. He thinks big (in the aforementioned Green Lantern murdering). But nonetheless, Mr. Nichol, your appearance in Blue Beetle shows how much you pale in comparison to the true Polaris:

Yo hablo espaƱol.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh that Blue Beetle Polaris is SUCH a poseur.

Bah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home