Friday, January 02, 2009

Not Pleased

I haven't been pleased with the way Superman has been acting lately. Yes, he's done some things right (like demanding that Alura hand over the Kryptonian murderers). But he's been far too willing to bend over backwards on behalf of the Kandorians. He's been spending all his time focused on Krypton. He hasn't been paying a whole lot of attention to Earth.

I guess I can understand how he feels somewhat. But I don't think anyone can really understand it in a way that isn't theoretical. None of us have ever been the last of a civilization that suddenly came back from the dead.

But I just don't feel that that really excuses the way he's been acting. He hasn't been much of a leader. He's been flying around telling people what to do. And when they don't do that he tells them again. Superman is smarter than that. At least I thought he was smarter than that.

Thank God Earth's other heroes are picking up the slack. Superman doesn't seem willing to acknowledge what a potential threat the Kandorians are. Someone should be grabbing him and yelling "Think, man! Think!"

I've never been so happy to see Zatanna...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank goodness the Magic people showed up.

I'm feeling a little sorry for Superman, that is, when I don't want to just slap him. Poor boy, I don't think he knows quite WHAT to do! Not to mention, the conflict that Supergirl and Power Girl are going through as well.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Derek said...

I'm waiting for some observant hero (or villain) to point out that, with a handful of exceptions, Kryptonians are always assholes.

It might just give Clark pause to think.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Yep. Exactly right. Kryptonians are the assholes of space. They always have been and they always will be. Superman's *lucky* he didn't have to grow up on that crappy planet...

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

I can't wait to see the Shade tackle these folk who are dependent on light for their power.

I don't agree that Superman has been misfocused. After all, what is a bigger possible threat to the people of Earth than 100,000 Kryptonian stranded on their planet? ALL his attention should be focused on Kandor... for earth's sake!

And, as always, Superman is hoping for the best in their non-human nature.

But, yes, it will be satisfying to see the magic people kick some Kryptonian patootie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home