Monday, July 27, 2009

Comic-Con Reflections

So, we had ourselves a comic-con last weekend, did we? Obviously I didn't go, but I did try to follow the news on the Internet. It's got to be good for something, right? Here's what I took away from the con (so to speak):

The Good: Geoff Johns on a new Flash ongoing! It's not a suprise; I think everybody expected this. But it's still a very good thing. Johns has turned Green Lantern into a top book. If he can work his magic on the Flash (a character I've always preferred to Green Lantern) I'll be a happy camper.

The Bad: JSA All-Stars! I know, that sounds like a strange thing to be "bad." Especially since I do like Matt Sturges' work. But I'm not made of money, people! Now if I want to read about guys I like -- the Flash, Wildcat, Stargirl, etc. -- I've got to buy two different books! And I'm still stuck with Magog...

The Good: T. H. U. N. D. E. R. Agents in the DCU! I've never actually read a book about them but I remember reading about the aborted DC series from a few years ago. I remember putting it on my pull list and being very excited about it. And I remember being disappointed when it never materialized. Now I'll get another chance.

The Bad: Yaaah! That T. H. U. N. D. E. R. Agents book is going to cost me money! And aren't those guys kind of redundant now that Checkmate works out of the United Nations?

The Good: James Robinson's Justice League of America! Now that we've got a tease of the team I'm even more excited than I was before. Mon-El's new costume is snazzy, and I'm curious to hear what his new "super" name is...

The Bad: Donna Troy is on that team.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Third World Diplomat said...

The Good: James Robinson's Justice League of America.

The Bad: Old man Jordan is going to be on the team. Kyle Rayner should get another stint in the JLA.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Will said...

Super"Mon"

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Kandou Erik said...

I too am a bit dismayed at the annoucement of a new JSA ongoing title.

What bugs me the most about it is that at the end of Geoff John's run, I thought they came to a conclusion of this whole Splitting apart of the team. I thought GL and everyone agreed they wouldn't kick anyone out.

I know one of the reasons they are doing this is to give more space to feature all the many characters, but that could have been achieved with two issues a month (ala Spider-Man). It just seems like splitting the team apart is kind of pointless.

-----------------------
http://supersentaiimages.blogspot.com/
Super Sentai (Japanese Power Rangers)

http://kandouerik.blogspot.com/
Comics, Anime, and More

 

Post a Comment

<< Home