Monday, July 20, 2009

Take a Look at This

I imagine you've all read Blackest Night #1 by now, yes? I wasn't all that interested in seeing it ("cosmic" isn't really my scene) until a reader (you know who you are) pointed me to this:

You recognize that? That me in a ring projection of all the heroes that Barry missed dying.

What does this mean? Does it mean I will be coming back as a Black Lantern? Know that I'd have a pretty hard time fitting one of those rings onto my three-fingered glove.

Still, I'm a little confused. As another reader mentioned (you also know who you are) there's no way either Hal or Barry should know about me! After all, I joined the hero scene and died during a period when they were both in the grave. The only thing that makes sense is that maybe Hal peeked in on me a few times when he was the Spectre. I really hope he wasn't scouting me out for ironic punishment...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, Hal's not the brightest crayon in the box, if youknowhatImean, but the ring is pretty smart. I imagine he just had to ask it what heroes had died,and what they looked like, and voila!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Hey, it was the same reader both times! Anyway, you don't have to worry about your glove because apparently Kate "Grave Robber" Spencer is still happily using them. Maybe you'll try to take them back!

Also notice that Freedom Beast is in there. This means that Cry for Justice must take place before Blackest Night, but is going to be running concurrently with it and there's going to probably be continuity issues and GAH!

Has it just been quietly filed away into its own continuity space?

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

That might be B'wana Beast, the white guy who wore that costume before it was given to the most recent guy and renamed "Freedom Beast"...

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Yeah but he didn't die until after retiring, so would he have still shown up in the collage?

Man it's almost like the collage, while visually impressive, is a really silly idea.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Will said...

RE Freedom Beast inclusion in collage

I do not think this will be a big deal continuity wise.

Blackest Night doesn't seem very formally "Justice League"-centric

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Yeah, I don't think it matters much. But Geoff Johns has confirmed that Cry for Justice takes place before Blackest Night so it could be either of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home