Tuesday, October 06, 2009

More on Black Lanterns

Apologies to all as this is another post about Blackest Night. I'm really busy these days and when you discount stuff like the print culture of the city of Edo during the 17th through 19th centuries Blackest Night is pretty high up there in my mind.

Anyway, I realized that the revelation of what was at the heart of the violet power battery tells us more than we might think. In short, it proves the hypothesis that the Black Lanterns are not the people they appear to be; they are lacking in souls.

Now, I'm sure most of you gathered that already, but it's still nice to have it proved. And here's how I figure it works: Hawkman and Hawkgirl are already Black Lanterns. That can't be disputed. But it should also be noted that Hawkman and Hawkgirl were the reincarnations of Khufu and Chay-Ara. That means they share the same souls. And since Khufu and Chay-Ara are also Black Lanterns that means Black Lanterns have no souls.

If you needed a soul in a Black Lantern then the Hawks and the antecedents couldn't possibly coexist as Black Lanterns. Unless, of course, I"m missing something. Am I?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Jake said...

That raises some REALLY INTERESTING (to me) questions about The Spectre. Crispus Allen is buried and without a body, yet he could be taken over by a ring. However Deadman is still floating around completely ignored while his body was taken for a ride.

On an unrelated note, while this would explain why the Black Lanterns all talk the same (paraphrasing a popular line of dialogue by that character, then acting like a dick), it's starting to wear a bit thin seeing everyone talk the same way. I guess that's good writing that this is consistent with their motivation, but I'm hoping something happens to the Black Lanterns to shake them up.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I think that Barry said it best. The dead aren't wearing the rings...the rings are wearing the dead.

I'm interested in knowing whose voice the Black Lanterns are using. Is it William Hands? The Guardian Scar? The Anti-Monitor? Someone unknown but really really obnoxious?

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred Durst?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home