Friday, December 11, 2009

Not Like Shakespeare

Only a little while in and I am already weary of this Black Lantern nonsense. Divesting my stylish outfit of its color is only a part of the problem.

Really, the whole thing is quite droll. I mean, ripping hearts out with one's hand? Why not simply use your magnetic powers on the iron rich blood pumping through the heart and destroy it from the inside.

Now I am a fan of the dramatic as much as the next super-villain. All of you know this well. But these Black Lanterns (I refuse to count myself among their number any longer) take it to the extreme. It seems like a poorly directed and even more poorly acted community theatre performance of Shakespeare.

All the actors are butchering their lines and we know that that fellow on stage isn't really Hamlet. We can't even manage to pretend as he's playing the part so badly. Are the Black Lanterns fooling anyone? Is anyone buying the act?

Know this: Polaris isn't buying it. If you cannot play the role then retire gracefully. Don't keep butchering the classics.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I would LOVE to see Doctor Polaris play Hamlet.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Blackest Night itself seems to have been fairly well paced. Yes a bunch of zombies went around ripping hearts out, but then just as I was growing tired of this, they had ripped out ENOUGH hearts, and now their tactics are changing again and renewing my interest.

So it's a shame the tie-in books are so far behind the main books that they're still stuck on the "rip out the hearts" bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home