Friday, January 29, 2010

Red Robin

Has anybody else been reading Red Robin? I ask because I was particularly wary about that book coming out of Battle for the Cowl. I've always been a big fan of Tim Drake since I started reading comics (he's my Robin after all) and I was a bit concerned about the direction they seemed to be taking him.

Seemed was the operative word, of course. Because things in Red Robin have rarely turned out to be what they seem. I thought we were getting a story about Tim Drake by a writer/artist team that didn't really get the character. But as the most recent arc has wrapped up I've really reconsidered my initial assessment.

Red Robin is a really good superhero book. It's solid on action, solid on characterization, even if Tim seemed off in the beginning. But really, who wouldn't be off after what he'd been through?

Oh, and this Marcus To guy is something else. The book has improved by leaps and bounds since he took over as the artist.

Now, do I think the book will last as long as Tim's previous solo outing? Probably not. But I still thing it's a good book. If you're a fan of Tim Drake it's got everything you could possibly want.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

I've been redaing it, and like you, i;ve bene surprised at how good it is. I thought it would just appeal because it's tim, but really, it's a very very good book.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger John J. Wall said...

Yes, I'll second that. I normally avoid spinoffs just to keep my weekly spending from getting out of control but this one is a lot of fun.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Jake said...

It's a good book, but I'm guessing it's going to go away with the return of Bruce Wayne. Enjoy it while it lasts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home