Monday, April 19, 2010

Green Lantern #56

I continue to be mildly annoyed at one Geoff Johns. Consider the recent solicitations for Green Lantern. On the cover we are once again treated to the gruesome, drooling visage of one Hector Hammond.

Is this what you want to see when you pick up your weekly comics? Hector Hammond is neither attractive nor charming. He's not even a particularly effective nemesis. He just sits there whining about how he wishes he were Hal Jordan.

Know this: I have never wished I was Hal Jordan. Indeed, I would not wish the fate of being Hal Jordan on my greatest enemy. Incidentally, my greatest enemy happens to be Hal Jordan.

But I digress. My main point should be clear right now: why is Johns reusing Hammond and not Doctor Polaris? This "Brightest Day" gives ample opportunity to bring back the greatest of Hal Jordan's adversaries.

Instead, Johns gives us poor, deluded, sick in the head Hector. A travesty. Know this Geoff Johns: I have been patient with you. But even my compassion has limits. Do what you know you must do or face the consequences.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's true, Hector Hammond IS a bit on the pathetic side. But boy-oh-boy does he have a crush on Hal Jordan! Which fortunately is something that you, my dear Doctor, will NEVER be accused of.

And your hair is so much nicer than Hammond's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home