Saturday, April 10, 2010

Who?

Are the rest of y'all reading JSA All-Stars? I like the book well enough, but... It seems kind off off at times. Like, take the most recent issue. The team was having some serious troubles with the King of Tears, King Chimera was almost dead, and things didn't look good. Then Anna Fortune showed up to save the day.

Wait, Anna who? I assume this is a new character; I've never heard of her before. But here she comes out of nowhere to save the day. Deus Ex Machina, anyone?

Really, I was completely flabbergasted. I didn't know how to react to this sudden appearance of a character I've never heard of doing things I've never seen before. I mean, magic spells in bullets? Ankhs on her eyes? Are we really supposed to believe that Doctor Fate sent here?

And yet... Despite it all I think I like Anna Fortune. Don't ask me why; it's one of those irrational things you sometimes get about certain characters. Will she be joining the team? I certainly don't know. I'm not sure I want her to. But I do hope I see her again. If the team survives the mess she's gotten them into...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dropped this book a few months back.

I loved the JSA, but it is like they split one terrific book into two weaker ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home