Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Young Justice Returns... To Television?

Wacky news out of the world of Warner Bros. animation. Apparently the next DC property to make the leap to cartoons is... Young Justice?!

I have to say I found this to be slightly unexpected. I mean, quite few of the major DC teams have gotten their own shows. We've had Teen Titans, Justice League, and Legion of Super-Heroes. And since we had Teen Titans Young Justice kind of feels like it's coming out of left field.

That said, it's looking like this cartoon about teen superheroes is going to be closer to comics that Teen Titans ever was. In fact, you could almost say that this is a modern Teen Titans series (the majority of the team members on the previous Teen Titans series were members of the 80's Titan team).

Young Justice looks to be a sort of a mix between the actual Young Justice comic and the beginnings of Geoff Johns' Teen Titans run. We've got Kid Flash, Superboy, Robin, and... Miss Martian!

I am suddenly very excited for this series.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Kandou Erik said...

It's just Teen Titans but by another name. Still, it looks cool and I'm going to watch it. Though I'm disapointed Wonder Girl didn't make the line-up. She, Robin, Superboy, and Kid Flash are like the JLA's trinity. (But, you know, with 4 people, instead of three)

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Yeah, I'm actually very interested in this series, too -- ESPECIALLY with the addition of Miss Martian.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to DC's Source Blog, Artemis is Cassandra Sandsmark. I assume they are making her someone other than Wonder Girl to avoid the bizarre rights issues that involve the Wonder family.

But yeah, I am really excited to see a good Teen Titans cartoon.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as long as there is no Jamie Reyes than I'll be a loyal viewer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home