Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bald is Beautiful

I wasn't sure what to think when they took Marc Guggenheim off of Action Comics and replaced him with Paul Cornell. After all, I'm going to buy Action no matter what. So in some ways the person who writes it doesn't really matter all that much. So in the end I was kind of indifferent

That's changed since reading this interview with Cornell. For whatever reason Superman is still going to be absent from Action after the events of War of the Supermen. But instead of Nightwing and Flamebird, the star of Action will be... Lex Luthor.

This is inspired. Lex Luthor is, undoubtedly, one of the best characters ever. Like Superman and heroes Lex Luthor stands tall above all other villains. He is the quintessential mastermind and one of the most fascinating minds in all of fiction.

So what happens when the author makes him the star? Almost anything, I'd imagine. I can't conceive of what Cornell has planned for a Lex Luthor headlined Action Comics. But I know that in June I won't just be buying Action Comics out of habit... I'll be buying it because I'll be dying to know.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fantastic news!

To be honest, I'm really getting tired of Flamebird and Nightwing.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had a new respect, if you could call it that, for Lex Luthor when I read Adventure #6 and saw what he could do to his very own sister. That proved to be the ultimate in how truly nasty Luthor could be.

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope that image of Lex in a suit will be the trend. I like the criminal scientist Luthor well enough, but I feel Business/Respectable Lex just has a certain panache that can't be beat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home