Monday, October 15, 2007

Bravely

I was just checking out the preview for Brave and the Bold #7. Looks like the start of an interesting story. But of course, the first thing that caught my eye was the artwork. And I was reminded again why George Perez is one of the greatest artists to ever work in comics.

I've seen Power Girl drawn in a lot of different ways. I've seen her drawn by Jim Lee, Phil Jimenez, and Amanda Connor (among others). But I just want to say that I think George Perez draws the most flat out beautiful Power Girl I've ever seen. She's gorgeous. I love it.

And she's beautiful without looking weak. Lots of artists seem to have a problem with that. They either buff Power Girl up too much for my tastes or they overdo it with the "sexy" and she stops looking strong. But George Perez (not surprisingly) hits it just right.

I hope he keeps drawing until he's a hundred.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Nate said...

I've never been much of a fan of Power Girl, but her turn as leader of the JSA lately really has me warming to her.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

Regarding George Perez, I couldn't agree with you more!

But murdering Superman in his Fortress? I thought that was Supergirl's gig!

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just starting to get into JSA but I find Power Girl to be one of my early favorites.

I'd like to see what someone like Terry Dodson would do with Power Girl. I've always been a fan of his art.

Nice post!

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't count the number of really really bad stories I've read and re-read just because of Perez' art. Fortunately there's now a growing inventory of really good ones too. Is this a great century to be into comics, or what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home