Sunday, October 28, 2007

Superman/Doomsday

So I finally got around to watching the animated Superman/Doomsday movie that I got as a gift for my birthday. I know there's been a lot of criticism on the Internet of it, and after watching it I can understand that.

It certainly bears very little resemblance to The Death and Return of Superman. But that's to be expected. A proper animated treatment of that story would take hours and hours. It just wasn't feasible.

Instead, the creators took a different route. They took the bare bones concept of a killer fight with Doomsday and then buitl their own story around it. By and large, it works. The voice actors are better than I thought they'd be, and the story is entertaining enough.

Still, there are a lot of problems. There are scenes that feel unnecessary, and some of the characters act in ways that just don't feel true to who the characters really are. So in the end, Superman/Doomsday never rises to the level of quality I've come to expect from DC's animation products.

But the Superboot was awesome! If you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about. Superbot stole the show and made up for any shortcoming the rest of the movie had.

I love Superbot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home