Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ideas

It's funny how comic fans (such as myself) will have ideas about what they'd do if they were in charge of comics. I've always had the idea that if I were in charge of Superman, I'd do a big story where he disappeared for a year or so and didn't show up in his own books during that time. The two main titles would still be there, but Superman would temporarily become Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen and Action would temporarily become Action Comics Feature Lois Lane.

They'd have their stories and adventures while trying to find out exactly what happened to Superman. Where did he go? What's the deal? But more than anything they'd be an excuse to do wacky stories like the old days -- but with a modern twist.

What's also funny is how if you wait long enough, the guys at the company will end up doing your idea. If I'm reading the DiDio interview correctly, they basically are taking Superman out of his books for a while and focusing on some other characters. And if James Robinson is doing Superman, we'll be seeing Jimmy Olsen. I'm pretty excited.

And I'm glad it's not me writing it...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It IS nice to dream about how fabulous comics would be if we were the ones in charge. For example, the Green Lanterns would show up in EVERY comic publshed...including Marvel. It would be like Poochy on the Simpsons...only green.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home