Saturday, April 04, 2009

I Still Hate Spider-Man

This won't win me any fans, but I've got to say that I still can't stand Spider-Man. I mean, look at this guy:

Look at that. I mean look at it. Can you honestly say that when you see a face like that you don't want to put your fist into it?

I see the face of Peter Parker and I want to kick him in the shins. It rubs me the wrong way, every time I see it. And it's not just that, either. It's everything about the character. I just can't stand Spider-Man. I loathe him with an intensity far beyond the rational.

I'm going to go throw up now.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger Garnet said...

Well, the art's gross, anyhow.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Ha! I like your post and your ire :)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Well, it makes me want to tell the artist I don't really care for their style, but no, I'm not filled with desire to punch Spider-Man.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Third World Diplomat said...

I feel the same way, not for Peter Parker, but for Wolverine. I can't stand looking at Logan for more than a second. The moment I see him, my mind is filled with bile and hate.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, he's no Hal Jordan, who ALSO has brown hair and brown eyes. But I think it is mainly the fault of the artist. He was just so cute way back in the day when Jazzy Johnny Romita was drawing him.

You know who I want to punch? Wonder Man. God, he sets my teeth on edge.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Heartiac. said...

Why doesn't Parker move to a city that would hate him less anyway? Maybe he'd be more accepted in San Francisco like the X-Men?

But yeah, I'd punch him in the face if I could. (Would I break my hand doing so? He is kinda durable....)

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Sol (Frederick) Badguy said...

"It's everything about the character. I just can't stand Spider-Man. I loathe him with an intensity far beyond the rational"

Are you for real? You don't like Spider-Man? The one fictional character that is most wrong to hate? Everyone who says Spider-Man is a bad character gives utterly ridiculous reasons

Come to think of it; Where are your reasons to hate Awesome-Man? You gave none but the pathetic quick incorrect reading about what happened in O.M.D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home