Friday, August 07, 2009

Consider This

I am at an impasse, loyal readers. Consider: the pages of Justice League: Cry For Justice. Within those pages we find my enemy and yours Hal Jordan standing over the broken body of my dubious doppelganger Mister Polaris.

There, Jordan decries him as "second-best" as Green Arrow calls him "b-list." The question is this: should I direct my considerable rage towards Jordan for daring to denigrate the man who -- deserved or not -- bears my name? Or should I direct my rage towards the pitiful, broken fool who has shamed the good name of Doctor Polaris with his ineptitude?

It is a question I will spend time musing on over the course of the weekend...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Jake said...

It looks like the Scarecrow and Black Manta are there too. This seems like lazy writing, we're meant to assume how powerful these two are because we keep being told it, but for all we know they broke in in the middle of the inevitable argument between supervillains and they all beat each other.

Anyway, I remember in Joker's Last Laugh, where the Joker's key to his plan to break out of the inescapable prison hinged on using as many supervillains he could get his hands on to distract the guards so that he could reach his true target, Doctor Polaris. Then it took the Justice League to take you down.

So clearly your imposter can't fill your shoes.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I agree with jake that your impostor is clearly far below you, so I'd say he's not worth your time.

Hal Jordan on the other hand, should be trashed with magnetic fury as often as possible.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I would direct your ire towards the faux Polaris. He is clearly not worthy of standing in your shadow.

His only other villainous exploit consisted of trying to beat up a teen-aged boy in El Paso of all places...and he LOST! So, I'm not surprised that a buffoon like Green Lantern could bring him down.

And how is Diamondrock doing down in the basement? You don't have him eating rats...do you?

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Eating rats? Do not be ridiculous. He is not eating anything at all.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Bah. Jordan is finally relegated what he's fit for: taking out your garbage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home