Monday, August 03, 2009

Sorting

Today I began the arduous work of organizing my comic books. Since I returned form Japan over a year ago they've been, quite frankly, a mess. I really need to get these things in order before my move.

Oh, what's that? I haven't let any of you faithful readers know about my move? Apologies all around. You should know that since I returned from Japan I've been staying with my parents in a small town in Illinois where I grew up. I needed the downtime to reacclimate myself to American life. I'd hoped to do more travelling, but that will come in time.

On Saturday I'm picking up again and moving to Champaign-Urbana (or Urbana-Champaign if you prefer). Some of you may know those cities as home to the University of Illinois. It is there that I shall -- like a comic with lagging sales -- undertake a bold new direction for my life.

Really, it's not that big of a deal. But I've still got to get my comics sorted before I go...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Will said...

Sorting is hell. That reminds me that I should do that today. In the grand tradition of Kentucky nepotism, I'm employed by my father (and also living at home--though, I'm only 22) and he lets me keep my longboxes at the office. I guess you don't have the problem of sorting them by company XP

Let me know if you ever make it down to Louisville again (or Southern Indiana or Illinois for that matter) and we can have a mini-convention or something. Also, if you ever feel like visiting Kentucky's fine Bourbon distilleries or natural wonders, let me know.

It strikes me that I've been reading your blog for almost two years now and that's weird because it seems like just yesterday I stumbled on to it.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

No, I need not sort by company. :-)

I will be sure to get in touch with you if I end up back in Louisville! I'm sure I will be, because my friend is still living/working there. But it might be a while because of this new stuff I'm getting into...

And as always, thanks for reading.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hope the reacclimation is going well! Mr. Sea went to high school in Japan, and after he returned to the States, it took him nearly three years to get used to the USA again. In many ways, he STILL isn't used to it.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Mr. Sea and I sound very much alike. I don't think I'll *ever* get completely used to it...

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Moving is always a pain, so good luck finding boxes and stuff. Moving comics is even worse, because you invariably end up sitting on the floor reading old books instead of packing or sorting.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

"you invariably end up sitting on the floor reading old books instead of packing or sorting."

Ain't that the truth. So far I've reread JLA/Avengers, the Ruin storyarc from Greg Rucka's Adventures of Superman, and the Johns/Heinberg "Crisis of Conscience" story in JLA.

The sorting isn't going well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home