Monday, October 12, 2009

Rise From Your Graves

Well well well. I'll be if this isn't some interesting news. The return of dead titles? That's a clever bit of trickery. A great idea, really. If they have to skip a month (and I'm going to cut Ivan Reis some slack because it looks like he's actually going to finish this big event without any help) this is certainly a clever way to do it. Let us exam each resurrected title in turn:

The Power of Shazam! #48: Black Lantern Osiris? Yes please. But could that really be all? Do the members of the Marvel Family have any other serious dead adversaries? I can't think of any... But there's always Billy and Mary's parents...

The Question #37: Ah, I've been waiting for this since Blackest Night was announced. No one else could write it but Greg Rucka. I'm wondering how exactly they'll do the Black Lantern Question. Most of the Black Lanters are distinguished by their gruesome faces. That won't work with the Question...

Suicide Squad #67: Booyah! More John Ostrander Suicide Squad is always good. And there are a lot of dead guys on that team...

Phantom Stranger #42: I loves me the Phantom Stranger. And Peter Tomasi does good work. This is a definite buy.

Catwoman #83: Black Lantern Black Mask, eh? I suppose it was inevitable... But I didn't see it coming. Sometimes my prognostication skills are better than other times.

The Atom and Hawkman #46: Oh, this oughta be fun. The Atom stuck up against three Black Lanterns? One his loopy, loony, murdering ex-wife? Craazy.

Weird Western Tales #71: Black Lantern Jonah Hex will be worth the price of admission alone.

Starman #81: This is the biggest surprise, I;d say. I never thought James Robinson would ever return to Jack Knight. But there you have it. I hope it lives up to the standards of the original series.

Which one are you looking forward to the most?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jake said...

Mister Mind is sort of dead? He got crushed in Booster Gold, and the idea of a Black Lantern Mister Mind is adorable. I have this horrible feeling the first few pages will be going through Captain Marvel's rogues gallery and killing the lesser known ones.

I'm probably looking forward to Phantom Stranger the most though, I've been loving his appearances in Madame Xanadu. Really that book is the story of the Phantom Stranger as seen through someone else's eyes.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

I think a lot of people are going to be very bummed out now that Robinson has announced that Jack Knight will not be in the issue.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Yeah, I think you're probably right Cap. Luckily, as long as the Shade is in it I won't be one of those people...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home