Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Coming Attraction

Well, tomorrow we finally get to read The Flash: Rebirth #5. Once again, the Fastest Man Alive has proved to be the slowest.

Here's my question: what big surprises are there going to be? We already know that all the Flashes are getting out alive; we've seen that in Blackest Night among other things.

I just don't feel like this Rebirth is shattering the status quo like Green Lantern: Rebirth did. Don't get me wrong, though. I really have liked this story. It's a good story even if it isn't an event the way the first Rebirth was.

The problem is that a even a good story gets less good when you have to wait three to four months between chapters. It starts to lose the impact. It starts to be less fun. I'm hoping that Johns and Van Sciver can still pull out a show stopping finish -- and that the sixth issue will come out on time.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Kello said...

I agree with it not being as earth shattering as GL: Rebirth. That series has so much history, foreshadowing, and just overall depth that I really think it set a standard of comic books that is yet to be duplicated.

However, I think once the Flash series raps and we can read the whole arc as a single story, we may be surprised. It has definitely been a giant let-down so far though.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

It's hard to enjoy the story when it's been so long that you can barely remember what happened in the previous issue.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

You have to admit that GL: Rebirth was pretty darned earth-shaking, it would be hard for anything to come up to that standard. Plus, it came first.

I'm still enjoying Flash: Rebirth though. I haven't noticed the lateness quite so much as I ordinarily would, because I've been distracted by Blackest Night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home