Monday, October 26, 2009

There is a Certain Irony Here

The next issue of The Flash: Rebirth isn't coming out until the middle of November.

I'm usually pretty laid back when it comes to delays. A week here, a week there. These things happen. The problem here is that I really want to read that book. And so out of pure self-centeredness I'm more than a little steamed that it keeps getting put off.

Here's my question: what else do these artists (and I assume it's an artist issue and not a writer issue) have to do? Isn't drawing comic books their job? Isn't that one of the first things they should be putting their energy toward?

My job is being a graduate student. I get everything done on time and -- if I can be a little self-congratulatory -- I do it well. I also have time to write this blog, play board games once a week, and occasionally see a movie.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable towards Mr. Van Sciver. There could very well be a good reason why The Flash: Rebirth is taking so long to finish. Or, again, it could have nothing to do with it all.

But whoever is at fault, hurry up! We can't get the new Flash series until Rebirth finishes. And I really want to see Wally's new costume...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Jake said...

Which board games are you in the habit of playing? I've discovered the joys of Small World, and Dominion is always on hand for a quick round of failing at empire building.

I hope this isn't due to some tie in with Blackest Night. I'm already convinced that Max Mercury isn't making it out of Rebirth alive.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

You know, it HAS been a while since Flash was out! I have been so wrapped up in Blackest Night, that I didn't really notice.

But yes, it would be nice to read it again.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I haven't played Small World, but my group usually plays at least one game of Dominion every week. Seaside just came out, so there's no way we could pass that up.

Race for the Galaxy is one of my favorites, and last week I played Pandemic for the first time. I'm hoping to rope some people into a game of Arkham Horror next week...

And yeah, maybe Barry shouldn't have come back if his chronic lateness is going to infect his titles too...

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Yes, some interesting facts about Arkham Horror. Firstly, it's very long. Make sure you're comfortable setting aside at least two hours to play it. If it takes less you're probably doing something wrong.

Another way you know you're doing something wrong is if you win of course. Race for the Galaxy is great, but I'm always faced with the daunting task of having to explain to people how to play, which can be a bit of a detriment.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Oh, I know all about Arkham Horror. I've played it plenty, just not recently. I... Don't win often. So I guess I'm doing something right.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Games like Arkham or Pandemic aren't about "winning", they're about teaching us valuable lessons about how no matter how well-planned your strategy or how firm and resolute your teamwork, you'll still be wiped out by a cold and uncaring universe.

Also that Africa and South America are very rarely the source of a global pandemic, which seems a little... wrong.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Ah yes, I played Pandemic for the first time last week. That one is a real nail-biter, I have to tell you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home